Re: CDT and the Threat of Gov't Intervention

I'd add to Marc's post one comment and one question:

* We heard a lot of hot air at the summit this week about "diversity." But
I'm not as interested in experiencing a "diversity" of PICS-based systems
as I am a diversity of ideas.

* Danny, your boss told me today that "you can't stop legislators from
legislating." (Personally, I think you can: the 9-0 CDA ruling gives them
cover.) But if you believe legislation is inevitable, do rating systems
help or hinder civil liberties? Do they provide a framework that Congress
will formalize make mandatory? And do they let the DoJ argue that it's
easier to comply with a CDA II through "mandatory voluntary" self-rating?

BTW, good news from Time-Warner. We are NOT going to self-rate or
self-label. This is a corporate-wide policy and applies to pathfinder.com,
all the Warner Bros movie and cartoon sites, and other sites like cnn.com.

-Declan