Re: Censorial leftists (Was: Interesting article)

>And her partner, Andrea Dworkin, belies the oft-quoted notion that someone
>so far to the left comes out a libertarian rightist. No, this chick Dworkin
>is so far left she's just plain _left_.

So being right wing means being libertarian?

I don't think so, the most right wing person I know is one
M. Thatcher D Litt (failed). She is also one of the most
authoritarian. I've always wondered whether she thought
'the road to serfdom' was a guide to managment of serfs.

All the young libertarian types running round Smith square
in sharp suits looking like Declan got purged one night.

Dworkin and MacKinnon were dredged up by the right
to front an authoritarian agenda being pushed by Bush
in the guise of the Meese commission. MacKinnon would
never debate feminists like Nadine Strossen because
this gave the lie to her claim that she represented the whole
of the feminist movement which in turn supported her.

If we turn to an analysis of agenda denial we can see that
MacKinnon was persuing such an agenda within the
feminist community, refusing to engage in debate. The
right was meanwhile using her as a tool to promote their
own agenda of social control allowing them to present it
in the context of 'protecting women' which was a recognized
agenda rather than 'reactionary bigottry' which wasn't.

            Phill