Red-necks w/ a purpose...

Forwarded message:

> Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 03:54:05 -0500
> From: Anonymous <[email protected]>

Why does your remailer strip the subject header?

> > Since crypto-anarchy & free-market economic anarchy both do away with
> > centralized authorities isn't this sort of behaviour what is *expected* of
> > members of the community under these systems? Doesn't the fact that there is
> > a clear and present danger to both person and community justify these sorts
> > of actions?
> >

> The concept of "Free-Market-Crypto-Anarchy" doesn't jibe with the
> "Lynch-Mob Democracy" mentality exhibited by Gates.

What has this to do with a couple of rednecks stopping an alleged criminal
out of the goodness of their hearts? Further, what exactly are you talking
about in reference to Gates? Yes, he is rich but what specificaly are you
referning to in regards to his mentality and lynch-mob democracies?

All government or social systems resort to lynch-mod mentatility without
some sort of bill of rights or other explicit restrainer on the system. Even
free-market-crypto-anarchy will devolve to this. Why do supports of
free-market-crypto-anarchy ignore issues regarding excesses of their beloved
systems and what kinds of checks-and-balances need to be implimented to
resolve those issues? Are you really going to claim that under
free-market-crypto-anarchy we have finaly found angels in the forms of men?
Is your claim that had there been a free-market-cryto-anarchy these people
would not have committed the crime in the first place and hence the police
and the rednecks could have stayed home? Is free-market-crypto-anarchy the
final solution in human conflict resolution?

>  One of the
> fundamental principles of anarchy is a willingness to let others hash
> out their own problems, i.e. I will ignore him unless his actions
> impact or affect me personally/financially.

This is a tenet of democracy as well. However, am I to interpret your
statement to mean that no, these rednecks were out of line? If so, my
question still stands. With no centralized authority of any sort and by
extension no centralized police force whose job is it to stop criminals?
Under a free-market-crypto-anarchy exactly how does the peace-keeping
process work?

> It is not as if the Gates were going to be affected by the
> "suspects"...they had to go out of their way to interfere with someone
> else's pursuit of happiness.  That is clearly unacceptable.  The last
> thing we need is a deputized citizenry...talk about a police state.
> (I guess that would be the ultimate form of the "Policeman Inside")

If there were no police force I am sure Gates with all his money would be
on the top of a lot of hit lists - just too juicy a target to pass up. The
police we have now are deputized citizens. *That* happens to be one of the
safety checks.

What is your point?

   |      We built your fort. We will not have it used against us.      |
   |                          John Wayne -  Allegheny Uprising          |
   |                                                 [email protected]     |