Re: Cato forum tomorrow: should money laundering be a crime?

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Steve Schear wrote:

> Isn't uttering a check protected speech?  What about if a check is stego-coded in some political rant?  Can the Feds insist I not utter that speech?

The feds can do anything they want. If it pleases them to put a bullet
through your head, or  that of you wife, they can do so at their leisure.
Without any fear of future consequences. Just ask Randy Weaver. Or his
wife. Never mind. You can't  ask his wife. She received a bullet.

If the feds can *kill* you for any reason or no reason at all, they
certainly can throw you into the slammer for  whatever you may choose to
utter.

-- Lucky Green <[email protected]> PGP v5 encrypted email preferred.
   "Tonga? Where the hell is Tonga? They have Cypherpunks there?"