ABCnews/Nightline on Cyber Terror 8-Dec-97

Last night, ABC news once again stroked the fires of fear and raised the
boogieman of "Hackers" destroying the goverment, banks, power plants, ad
nauseum.  Of course, the main guest was from the US Govt's new trumpeter
of CyberTerrorizm, "the President's Commission on Critical Infrastructure

Protection".  A full transcript is available.

Revolution in a Box -- Cyber Terror -- AIR DATE: Monday, Dec. 8, 1997
http://www.abcnews.com/onair/nightline/html_files/transcripts/ntl1208.html

ABC technology correspondent Gina Smith investigates the vulnerability of

our nation�s computer systems and what is being done to protect them from

the threat of hackers.

Guest: Jamie Gorelick, co-chair, Advisory Committee of the President�s
Commission on Critical Infrastructure Protection

Jamie Gorelick: Well, there are a number of things we can do. I mean, the

effort that has been started already is one to build a partnership
between
the government and the private sector to work together to know when
we�re being attacked, to share information, to ensure that we have the
right research and eventually to be in a position to respond to an attack

with the best efforts we can.