Re: Back to the drawing board ...

On 11 Dec 1997 07:50:37 -0600, William Geiger <[email protected]> wrote:

>I tried this out myself and it returned no "family friendly" webpages.
>
>On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Robert Hettinga wrote:
>

>> This is the new family-friendly filtered search engine put out by the
>> folks at Altavista: http://family.netshepherd.com/
>>
>> Try the query "fucking porn" and see what you get... exactly what I want
>> my kids to see when they are looking for "fucking porn": fucking porn.
>>
>> I guess we can't expect them to filter just anything with the word
>> fucking in it, it might be an educational site or something.

"fucking porn" no longer returns anything, but "fuckin porn" does.
(iterestingly enough, neither "fuckin" nor "porn" return anything
interesting by themselves).  Perhaps we're seeing ebonics in action.

And here's some more phrases to try:

rimming
nambla  (now, that's what I call "family friendly")
warez
phreaking
remailer*

I wonder which of the above will be removed first....

-- Phelix