Re: Could a Jim Bell do the same thing?

A new.com article posted by Declan says:

>       Sometimes, Daufenbach notes, a freshly arrested child
> 	pornographer facing a long sentence will agree to
> 	let his email account "hum" (continue running), with
> 	Customs picking up the traffic.

Of course most people exchanging such pictures via email are no more child
pornographers than people who read "Penthouse" are photographers of women.
Again, law enforcement manages to build its agenda into the vocabulary
given to the Sheeple to express their views.

>       A year ago,
> 	Daufenbach assumed the identity behind one such
> 	account. A molester and child pornographer
> 	(Daufenbach declined to reveal the person's name)
> 	began emailing Daufenbach's undercover account and
> 	then switched to real-time online chat, one of the
> 	biggest challenges for any cyberinvestigator. "A lot
> 	of people don't like doing it," says the Customs
> 	agent. "You have to think on your feet."

This is one good reason most bright people who publicly point and laugh at
the government's molester and porn festivities go out of their way not to
engage in communication with children, or private communication with
individuals claiming to share their views.

I prefer to express mine on Usenet, where what I have said is a matter of
public record, and can't be spun by wannabe entrappers for their own ends.

And aren't these cops pathetic?  I mean, you're sitting on the Net, and
someone who has targeted you because you made fun of the child porn kooks
gets you on IRC and begs you to "call his modem direct, because he's 14,
his parents aren't home, and he has special pictures to send you."

I mean, what do these doughnut-munching lard-assed buffoons tell their
children they do for a living?  "Yes, Jimmy, Daddy pretends to be a child
on the Internet and offers other grownups pictures of his genitalia."
Gosh - I bet that makes the kid want to invite Dad to school for career
day.

>         Molesters often talk graphically about the children
> 	they abuse--and expect the same from their
> 	confidants.

Kind of like the people in alt.parenting.spanking.

>       "If you get nervous and flustered,"
>        notes Daufenbach, "you'll blow it."

And since jackbooted thug Daufenbach will never get a chance to
"blow it" in real life, he has to engage in the substitution therapy
of finding others who might "blow it."  After all, this is a highly
moral society in which "it" must never be "blown", particularly if
"it" is attached something that is not legally a person in the eyes
of the Constitution.

BTW - it's the 12th of December.  Wasn't this supposed to be D-day
for James Dalton Bell?

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+