Re: Airlines demanding SS #'s???

At 9:55 PM -0700 12/14/97, Bill Stewart wrote:

>The only people you can press charges on are government employees
>asking you for SSN information in ways that violate the
>Privacy Act of 197x, which has been amended several times to
>water it down, and while the employees can theoretically be
>fined for violating it, your chances of collecting are near zero.

The driver's license cops won't issue a license without a SSN. The bank
won't do business without someone with an SSN. Even my gun range wants my
SSN.

But I have a new SSN to give them:    539-60-5125

Of course, don't try this at home. SSN fraud may land you in prison for a
year, while murderers get seven months in prison. And while double
murderers have to sell their houses in Brentwood.

Only in Amerika, where the lunatics run the asylum.

--Tim May