Re: The Joys of Being Canadian

>Cable Company Rep:  "What's your Social Security number?
>Answer:  "I don't have one.  I'm Canadian."

For my cable company I asked why they wanted it.  For a security check when
you call in was the response.  Does it need to be an actuall social
security number?  No, just something you can remember when you call up.

012-01-0123 I replied.  They were quite happy to use that as my "Social
Security Number" in their database.    As far as cable goes they don't want
your social security number.  I wonder how many others would be happy to
substitute something.

Matt <mailto:[email protected]>