InfoWar 666 / TEXT

                       The True Story of the InterNet
                                  Part III

                                   InfoWar

                  Final Frontier of the Digital Revolution

                     Behind the ElectroMagnetic Curtain

                        by TruthMonger <[email protected]>

Copyright 1997 Pearl Publishing

                          InfoWar Table of Contents

   * Pedagogue 666
   * Pet A Dog 999
   * Nobody Calls From CyberPromo Just To Say Hello

                                  Pedagogue

                          6OVERNMENT, 6ATES & 6OMEZ

Bianca sat silently, trying to compose herself before facing the children
and bringing them up to date on the quickly changing situation surrounding
an educational process which had been, up to now, mostly an exciting
exercise in technological mystery and intrigue.
Despite her inability to cover up the full depth of her current despair, the
point became moot when she entered the room to find the girls all
suppressing giggles, and the lone boy in the group sitting with his arms
folded across his chest and grinning madly.

Bianca turned her back for a moment, to suppress a genuine smile, and then
turned once again to face the children, feigning an unsuspecting manner.

"Can anyone tell me who Attila the Hun was?" Bianca asked, knowing that
Human Gus-Peter might well wet his pants resisting his urge to raise his
hand in order to get the opportunity to brag once again about one of his
historic heroes.
All of the girls raised their hands, giggling all the more over the Nephew's
predicament.

"Yes?" Bianca nodded toward Totokyo Rose.

"Attila the Hun was the greatest MeatSpace Warrior who ever lived." Rose
shouted, leaping to her feet and mimicking the ferocious grimace that the
Nephew usually affected when speaking reverently about his favorite
historical hero.
Human Gus-Peter nodded thankfully to young Rose, who blushed at the
realization that she had instinctively acted as a compatriot and
co-conspirator to the secret admirer who loved to tease her so mercilessly
(and vice-versa).

Bianca thanked Rose as she sat down, and then began pacing back and forth
slowly in front of the children. She gave a discrete wink to Rose as she
strolled, alerting her that the next question would give her an opportunity
to redeem herself as the Nephew's chief adversary among the young ladies who
vied to torture him relentlessly for the sins of his forefathers, who had
held their mothers in such low esteem in the fields of math and science.

"And who is Attila T. Hun?" Bianca asked, referring to the boy's chief hero
and mentor in the arena of CypherSpace Killosophy.
The Nephew was bouncing up and down in his excitement, but he managed to
keep his arms tightly folded across his chest, guarding the secret that he
shared with the still giggling young girls. He smiled at Totokyo Rose as she
raised her hand once again.

"Yes, Rose." Bianca smiled.

"Attila T. Hun is a CypherPunk who was exposed as a wannabe when
Hallam-Baker revealed to the list that he was a sixteen year-old kid with an
overactive imagination." Rose beamed.

"Not! Not!!!" Human Gus-Peter leapt to his feet to defend his idol, dropping
his arms and revealing the message that the youngsters had been busy
stenciling on his T-shirt while Bianca had been engaged in deciphering her
latest email messages.
Bianca laughed as hard as the girls as the Nephew's impulsive reaction to
Rose's teasing led to the revelation of the message newly emblazoned on his
chest.

  "I GAK'ed my uncle's Secret Keys, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."

Bianca chuckled inwardly, as she outwardly frowned and shook her head sadly.
"I'm afraid I'm going to have to turn you over to the Tickle Gestapo." she
said, breaking into a laugh as the Nephew's eyes grew wide in alarm and he
bolted for the door with a gaggle of giggling girls close on his heels.
She sighed with relief as the Battle Royal began in the snow outside,
knowing that she would now have a bit of time to prepare for what she had to
say to the children. As yet, however, she was not sure just what to say.

Bianca went over the morning's events in her mind.
Of all the mornings to sleep in� Damn!

The children had already been deeply engrossed in various computer exercises
by the time she had shaken off the deep slumber of the previous night. It
was sleep she desperately needed, but it had come at exactly the wrong time.
She had woken up to find an urgent email message that had apparently arrived
just as she was drifting off into never-never-land.