Re: Hate speech in America

At 09:47 PM 12/19/97 +0100, Aryan wrote:
>I am a German patriot who wants to
>publish my ideas without of fear of the German goverment.
>But my concern is
>that the U. S. ISP I use can hand over my subscriber infoation and logs to
the
>German goverment.
>Does anyone know a U. S. ISP who does not censor hate speech
>and who has a _known_ strong privacy policy?
>By the way, is hate speech
>protected in United States?

Hate speech is constitutionally protected in the US.  That doesn't mean you
can do it from any particular ISP or in someone's living room.  You seem to
have found protected email, you should therefore know who to post to
usenet.  There are dozens of places you can get free web sites from, though
I don't know about their hate speech policies.

I'd be curious to know of Geocities, Tripod, et all - where they have
kicked people off or not for hate speech.

  -- Robert Costner                  Phone: (770) 512-8746
     Electronic Frontiers Georgia    mailto:[email protected]
     http://www.efga.org/            run PGP 5.0 for my public key