Why Linux Users Support Microsoft

Tim wrote:

>Over the years I've sometimes joined in on the jokes about Microsoft and
>Bill Gates...the jokes about the Borg, assimilation, and the habits of
>Gates. And I've lately really enjoyed the "Saturday Night Live" skits
>involving Bill Gates interrupting the Pope to announce that Microsoft
>has merged with Christmas, and so on.

That last skit was lame ass -- I like the monkey-boy ones.

> Anyway, the recent government actions against Microsoft are reprehensible
> to any person who values liberty. Microsoft is being punished for its
> success.

No shit.  I've been fighting the 'free-thinking' Linux crowd for weeks
on
this.  Just because MSFT sucks is no reason for the gov to start this
shit.
If MSFT sucks, they should be brought to court on those charges, and not
because everyone in the world was stupid enough to use their OS.

Further, just becuase MSFT sucks is no reason to give the gov the power
to regulate software content.  Jesus christ, get out of my pants.

> Making jokes about Bill Gates is one thing, just harmless fun. But
> advocating the Men with Guns (TM) seize control of the products he offers
> to uncoerced customers is simply wrong.

Yes.  This is not a case of "biting the hand that Fed you."  It is a
case
of government power to control a free market.  I don't fear Bill Gates,
I fear the gov.

Who will you fear in 20 years?  Linus?  Give me a break.

--David Miller

Windows '95, a dirty, two-bit operating system.