Re: Coercive Monopolism vs Wimpyness

Blanc <[email protected]> writes:

> And, since Windows OS is so pitifully lousy, why do people continue to buy
> it, even without the computer attached;  why do they continue to upgrade,
> even if it's so slow and bloated?   Don't they realize Unix is better?
> Don't they realize they're just making Billg richer?

Unix *is* far better and had the technology decades ago.

I don't agree with the US DOJ proceedings, but tell me why I have
disks full of software for my video card (amply covered by XFree86),
my sound card (amply covered by Linux drivers and Free utilities),
etc. etc. that I cannot use?

I danced through hoops to specifically avoid buying anything Microsoft
and I still got stuck with a bunch of crap I won't ever use.

Where can I get a laptop without a pre-installed O/S (or with Linux
pre-installed) on it?

I think Microsoft is guilty as sin for monopolistic practices, but not
for what they're being charged for (unfortunately).