Re: Freedom Forum report on the State of the First Amendment

Colin Rafferty <[email protected]> writes:

> > You *are* being oppressed if mutually consensual behavior is interfered
> > with by
> > others including the State.
>
> > You *are* being oppressed if you are coerced into a relationship you don't
> > want.
>
> You are not being coerced into anything.  If you don't want to serve
> food to Blacks, don't open a restaurant.  It's your choice.

Prostitution is legal in some jurisdictions (and will hopefully be legalized
in others), and is openly tolerated in most others.  My question is, does
Colin@ML feel that the prostitutes should be allowed to discriminate when
taking on clients?

Should a prostitute be allowed to refuse to serve black patrons?

Should she be allowed to refuse to serve bisexuals (who are more likely
to infect her with AIDS)?

Should she be allowed to discriminate against prospective clients who
smell bad?

"If you don't want to fuck everybody indiscriminately, don't become
a prostitute."

> > Colin, do you consider
> > yourself oppressed when someone choses not to date you?  What about
> > a rejection by someone who takes out a public advertisement in the paper?

Sure he does.

Colin@ML reminds me in this respect of the attempt by Russian bolsheviks to
"nationalize" women after the 1917 revolution.

---