Re: Is Anonymous Communication only for "Criminals"?

At 07:15 PM 12/22/1997 GMT, Adam Back wrote:
>I was totally amazed when I heard from a US friend that US cell phones
>don't bill the caller!  My immediate thought was "people can spam call
>you and run your bill up, ouch!"
>
>Must be weird having a cell phone where people can run your bill up
>just by calling you.

You're actually using more cellular infrastructure resources for the call
if you're the callee, because the carrier has to hunt down your phone
to connect to you, and then tie up the same resources during the call.

On the other hand, you can hang up on spam callers, and many services
give you caller id as part of the cell service, so you can trace
who the spammer is that called you much more easily and harass them
right away, as well as getting a bill for it at the end of the month
which you can also use to harass them.
				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, [email protected]