Cryptographers Do It With Protection

Excerpts From:
None of Your Business:
World Data Flows, Electronic Commerce, and the European Privacy Directive
Peter P. Swire & Robert E. Litan

>The Tension Between Data Protection
>and Modern Information Technologies

>On almost any conceivable dimension, we are in the midst of an information
>explosion.  Data protection rules, by contrast, seek to block flows of
>information.

  Data 'Control' is oppression.
  Data 'Protection' is our friend.

  "If putting all information about every individual on the face of the
globe in the hands of the New World Order saves the life of a single
child..."

>Seen another way, the rise of computers and computer networks is undoubtedly
>a major reason why countries have promulgated data protection rules in
>recent decades.  In both the United States and Europe, current debates
>about privacy are being driven by fears about how computers pose a threat
>to privacy.
>That is, computers are the key reason for data protection rules.
>International flows of data.  International flows of information are
>climbing rapidly within companies, as they create global Intranets,
>and between companies, as they use Extranets with their strategic
>partners.

  And these "data protection rules" are going to be enforced equally for
everybody, right?
  If you and I are fined and imprisoned for violation of these rules, then
it will be likewise for owners of megacorporations, government employees,
etc.
  Just like at Waco and Ruby Ridge, Kent State and Tiennachinc Square...
Just like murdering dictators at the APEC summit would have been maced and
arrested if they carried signs saying "Freedom & Democracy."

  Get real. While Bernstein has the Dogs of InfoWar set on his ass, RSA
is exporting cutting edge encryption technology to Communist China.

Bottom Line: Just as is the case today, the "data protection" laws and
regulations of the future will apply only to those individuals and
corporations who fail to fall in line with the New World Order's desire
for all new technologies to contain tools of surveillance and oppression.

"Those who have nothing to hide, have nothing to fear."

  Put a cork in your asshole...the government is going to 'protect'
you again.

BendOverI'mHereToHelpYouMonger
                             6"