Reef & the US Postal Service... (fwd)

Forwarded message:
>From [email protected] Mon Dec 29 14:26:57 1997
From: Jim Choate <[email protected]>
Subject: Reef & the US Postal Service...
To: [email protected] (Ravage's Friends)
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 14:26:49 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

I was playing with my dog Reef today in the yard. The postal carrier came up
and she went over to investigate, barking as usual. The postal carrier
responded by kicking at her and waving mail in her face all the while
getting closer and closer. This did nothing to calm her down. I tried to talk
to the guy while restraining the dog, who was crouched down on all fours in a
defensive position, but he just walked off without a word. I went down to the
post office and filed a complaint. The supervisor at the post office asked me
whether he had struck the dog and when I explained that had he struck the dog
or tried to mace her I would have struck the carrier and taken him to the
police station, he got defensive and began threatening me with federal action.
I explained that was fine with me, let's do it.

It's amazing that federal employees believe they can come on private property,
vandalize it with immunity, and if you attempt to defend yourself then you
are the one in the wrong.

I can't wait till/if the postal rep calls back on the mail-in complaint form
I sent off today...

   |      Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make       |
   |      violent revolution inevitable.                                |
   |                                          John F. Kennedy           |
   |                                                 [email protected]     |