Re: Silly Shrinkwrapped Encryption

> > I haven't seen the USG RSA key -- if it's 512 bits, that would be a humorous
> > next factoring target.

Talking of factoring I wonder if anyone on the list has seen the article
in this months new scientist regarding a new link found between energy
levels in hydrogen atoms and generation of large primes, I don`t remember
the details (I only scanned the article as even the elementary
explanation of the physics involved was beyond me), The thrust of the
article was that work was in progress on a variant of this that could
factor large numbers significantly faster than current methods.
Anyone with more background in this sort of thing care to comment?

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/