Will the First Puppy go under the ax?

                        Q: Mike, before getting to more important issues,
how come you
                        guys aren't neutering Buddy? (Laughter.)

                        MCCURRY: There are a lot of people around here who
have been
                        neutered, but I haven't heard a discussion of Buddy
being
                        neutered. I do not know the answer to that. I will
talk to the First
                        Dog owner and get the answer to that question.

                        Q: You would know if there was going to be an
announcement
                        today, wouldn't you?

                        MCCURRY: I would not go beyond what I just said -- the
                        Treasury Department is the place to go.

                        Q: On the neutering? (Laughter.)

                        MCCURRY: Not on neutering. Can you spay or neuter a
puppy?

                        Q: Six months.

                        MCCURRY: Any dog owners out there that can help us?

                        Q: Mike, neutering is usually six months --

                        MCCURRY: That's what I thought. It's got to be a
little bit older.

                        Q: I heard that you were planning not to neuter him.

                        MCCURRY: I wasn't planning to do anything with him.
                        (Laughter.) Other than sucking up to the president
by scratching
                        little Buddy's belly from time to time. (Laughter.)

                        Q: It will, however, be at risk. (Laughter.)

                        MCCURRY: I'll find out on that. And I know your
insatiable
                        appetite for dog trivia -- I will see if I can find
out about that.