Re: Feds to Idaho: Kiss Our Butts

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Eric Cordian wrote:

> The manslaughter case against Ruby Ridge shooter Lon Horiuchi was
> effectively neutered today when a federal judge acquiesed to demands
> by Justice Department lawyers and moved the case out of Idaho's
> jurisdiction and into federal court.  This means that Horiuchi will be
> tried in federal court in front of a federal jury on state
> manslaughter charges, and not in front of a jury from Idaho's Boundary
> County, where the shooting took place.

I thought the people in our governmnet didn't really think things through
before...  Now I know they don't even think.

>From a purely pragmatic point of view, they should have realized that only
a trial without any hint of federal interference had any hope of reducing
the growing distrist of government.  Even though the whole Ruby Ridge
incident stinks, you'd think they'd at least have the brains to do proper
damage control.

Though, a conviction would certainly shock this country a little bit,
wouldn't it?

Ryan Anderson - Alpha Geek
PGP fp: 7E 8E C6 54 96 AC D9 57  E4 F8 AE 9C 10 7E 78 C9