Re: Talk of Banning Research into Human Cloning (fwd)

> I wonder if it is the intention of those who support a ban on human cloning
> to prevent my friend who lost his forearm in the Vietnam War from having a
> new one grown and attached?

Yup. Unless there's some remarkable breakthrough, you can't just grow an
eyeball, or a kidney, or whatever. You've gotta grow the whole body. In
time, we might be able to genegineer the process for optimal production of
the targeted body part, likely with all sorts of side effects that would
be, er, detrimental in a "real" person.

Oh, wait, we'll never have the chance to do those studies in the first
place. Hope old "lefty" is happy with just one arm.

dave