Re: uh,

Wabe <[email protected]> writes:
> What is that weird lawsuit all about where
> some director of the NSA is getting sued for
> something?  Does anyone know?

Bill Payne used to work for one of the US national labs, he did some
work funded by NSA at that lab.  He considered that the NSA were
making incompetent cryptographic decisions endangering national
security.

He's suing them over their attempts to silence his criticisms by
working behind the scenes to deprive him of research funding.

Bill will have to provide a better summary himself, as the above is
from memory, and I wasn't paying that much attention, and the above
could be garbage.

The practice of suing the director of NSA "DIRNSA" in such suits
involving disputes with NSA is common practice... Dan Bernstein's case
pursued by EFF, John Gilmore etc, and Peter Junger's case (both
arguing that the ITAR/EARs are unconstitutional) involved suing the
NSA, DIRNSA and a list of other misc. government officials.

Adam

btw. your netscape set up is broken... it includes an html version of
your post below the ascii version.  There is a setting somewhere were
you have a choice to send ascii, or html or both.  You clearly have
this set to both.

> ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01BD23B7.67DD8500
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
>
> <META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 =
> http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
> <META content=3D'"MSHTML 4.72.2106.6"' name=3DGENERATOR>

[...]