Re: Misty???

> Someone on the OpenPGP list was asking for an asignment for an algorithm
> id in the OpenPGP RFC for Misty1 (from Japan whoda thought <g>). I made my
> post about snake-oil and got chastised by [email protected] as he seems to think
> it's a respectable algorithm:

Well, he said that he wasn't aware of any serious cryptanalysis,
specifically on this list.  In all honesty, that's a fully truthful
statement.  Tim May has conveniently confirmed that there *has* been some
real cryptanalysis on it, confirming that it's not a good algorithm, but
it's not snake-oil.  (If it get's submitted for peer review, can you
really call it that?)

I'm going to wager that all Hal was saying is that he had seen no evidence
to that effect, and that you had presentted none.