Re: Burning papers

Igor Chudov @ home wrote:

> I burned a couple of floppies, too. Actually I am not sure how good job
> would shredding of floppies do. I assume that bits and pieces of data
> can still be recovered... But hopefully no one would care enough.

I've heard that you can look at it under a microscope with a polarizing
filter and see the magnetic patterns.  But it's much easier to just encrypt
the disk so you don't waste the media when you're finished.

Plastic should burn fine, as most is polyethylene (CH2) which produces
water and carbon dioxide when burned, leaving virtually no residue.  The
only plastic that you'd need to worry about is chlorinated stuff like PVC.