typo in tattoo (Re: ULotD? Cuban Tattoos.)

Alan Olsen <[email protected]> writes:
> At 05:14 PM 1/27/98 -0500, Robert Hettinga wrote:
>
> >From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email protected]>
> >

> >The story posted is an urban legend.
> >
> >It is NOT an urban legend that someone has been tattooed with "RSA in
> >Perl". A picture of Richard White's tattoo is at:
> >
> >http:/www.dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/tattoo.html
>
> It is also true that he had a typo in the tattoo.  It seems someone, who
> will remain unnamed, joked about "what if it has a typo, is it still a
> violation of ITAR?".  Seems they decided to proof read it.  "Doh!"

There was a typo in the tattoo, fortunately it was correctable, they
missed out a backtick (`).  You can see this on the tattoo gif
referenced above:

it says ...$_=echo "16... and it should say ...$_=`echo "16...

I pointed this out to Richard White when he sent me the gif of his
tattoo, and he had his wife put in the backtick, as there is a
reasonable amount of space between the = and e of echo.

If anyone wants to repeat the exercise, the perl/dc program is smaller
now:

Adam