Re: Planetary rovers, SETI and other musings, was Re: update.356 (fwd)

>> Speaking of which, do the current SETI programs check for signal
>> modulation using polarization.

Speaking of SETI, their current intent is to do a distributed
computation spread across thousands of computers, similar to some of the
keycracking efforts.  Details at http://www.bigscience.com ;
the Recent News section says they're currently trying to figure
out about funding.  Meanwhile, there's www.mersenne.org for
factoring big prime numbers.

Tim wrote:
> Nothing in quantum teleportation has been shown to propagate
> signals faster than light. (If you don't believe me, look into it.
> Start by reading the FTL discussions about Bell's Theorem.)
But I thought Jim Bell had a solution to .....  :-)

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, [email protected]