Updated BBS listing (fwd)

Forwarded message:
>From [email protected] Sun Feb  1 21:54:18 1998
From: Jim Choate <[email protected]>
Subject: Updated BBS listing
To: [email protected] (Armadillo Group Staff)
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 21:54:17 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

I have updated the listing in Rasca's BBS list and it should show up in one
of the future O'Reilly 'Learning Linux' books which we've been listed in
since it was published.

                                                       Jim

Hi Rasca,

I would like to update the entry for my system, Solar Soyuz Zaibatsu (SSZ).
The data that has been in the 'Learning Linux' listing has been out of date
the last couple of years. I apologize for not correcting it sooner. It's
pretty wild that we've been online in one manner or another since 1984 and
involved in Linux since late 1992.

The correct information is below:

BBS Name: Solar Soyuz Zaibatsu (ssz.com)
Phone Number: 512-451-6009 (28.8), 512-451-7060 (33.6) (account required)
Online: ?, we're on Internet full time via ISDN
Expires: ?
Modem Speed (CCITT): 28.8, 33.6
City/Country/State (include region code): Austin, US, Texas (?)
Whatever network it is on (i.e. FidoNet, etc.): Internet (ssz.com)
First Time access to D/L Linux Files (Y/N): Y (if not request mount via
                                            [email protected])
Allow File Requests - Fido style (Y/N): No, available anonymous ftp and
                                        temporary guest accounts (send
                                        request to [email protected])
Free Access to Linux Files (Y/N): Y
BBS Rating (1-5): 5 (what else?)

We also support the 'Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer' ([email protected]),
'Experimental Science Instrumentation Mailing List' ([email protected]), and are
involved in the 'Austin Linux Group' ([email protected]). I also do
consulting via 'The Armadillo Group' ([email protected]). We still support
hobby/amateur science and technology via 'The Wired Society' ([email protected]).
We currently run Linux on x86, PPC, & SPARC machines as well as Plan 9.

   |       The most powerful passion in life is not love or hate,       |
   |       but the desire to edit somebody elses words.                 |
   |                                  Sign in Ed Barsis' office         |
   |                                                 [email protected]     |