Re: Jim Bell Update

Jim Bell wrote:

> "I think that one last (temporary) hope for government is to delay AP.
> Chances are good that the "think tank" decided thatt the best way to delay
> AP is to discredit me, its author. It was a desperate gamble, particularly
> because the act of harrassing me automatically gives AP more publicity.
> That's the reason they will fail; the more they try to "get" me, the worse
> it will be for them."

The government already has plans for dealing with AP (what do you think all
those secret service guys in DC are supposed to be doing?)

Whether AP is inevitable or not, if people don't know where you are, they
can't come kill you.  This is why privacy is so important in the digital
era.

Of course, there are still nukes, but as has been pointed out already many
times, the use of a nuclear weapon is likely to kill more friends than
enemies.