Re: The Continued Attack on Cash (Was: "The Right of Anonymity"...)

Attila T. Hun wrote:

>     until we really do have a virtual country and virtual
>     cash, they will always be able to trace it.  As I
>     understand it, the banks keep a record on anything over
>     $1k cash which means there is a master list which can
>     be sorted and filtered. over $10K you must fill out the
>     IRS form; for international you are required to file
>     Dept of the Treasury form 515.

Ironically, the reglations may be their own undoing here.  It seems most
banks have decided to recoup the expense of all that paperwork by charging
per-transaction ATM fees.  And customers hate transaction fees, so they
tend to take out as much money as possible each time they use the ATM.