Re: the best justice money can buy --Lessig (fwd)

Jim Choate ([email protected]) wrote:
>If there were no copyright nobody would have any reason to market software
>or much else for that matter.

So I presume that Linux doesn't exist[1]? And, for that matter, I make my
living writing software which is given away for free...

    Mark

[1] Yes, I'm aware the GPL uses copyright to enforce its conditions, but
it's copright-free in the important sense: anyone can copy Linux and use
it with no fear of black ninjas at their door.