Re: Washington on the verge of being nuked?

At 12:02 -0800 2/7/98, Tim May wrote:
>Of course, after such an attack, though hundreds of thousands of criminals
>may be disposed of in Washington, martial law and a suspension of the
>Constitution can be expected. So it won't be all good news. And financial
>chaos may reign if business centers are hit.
>
>Downtown Washington is the last place I'd want to be. For multiple reasons.

I live in Adams Morgan, perhaps a mile from downtown Washington. Of course
I work in the heart of DC, in the lobbyist corridor, blocks from the White
House and agencies like the FCC. (Note to terrorists: the Pentagon is miles
away, on the other side of the Potomac. Take the blue or yellow Metro
lines. You can lug your H-bomb through the handicapped turnstiles for no
additional fee.)

I've tentatively decided against moving all the way to West Virginia, which
is 60 miles away. I'm now thinking of moving around 40 miles out, close to
the WV border tho still in Virginia. Main reason is the commute. But it'll
still be in farm country.

Still, as I've said before, if terrorists are going to blow anything up, it
makes more sense for them to go after Manhattan. Though it is on an island,
which might make logistics and escape (?) difficult.

-Declan