re: Drivers Licenses (fwd)

Forwarded message:

> Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 20:44:58 -0500
> From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> Subject: re: Drivers Licenses

> That's silly! I mess up my credit card strips all the time by keeping
> them in my pocket with keys on motorcycle rides, or in my tool belt when
> I used to do carpentry, or even slipping them into my money clip the
> wrong side out....the tape has never lasted longer than a month on any
> of my cards...I doubt, seriously, that a cop will harrass anyone who
> does not come out and say, "Yes, officer, I intentionally defaced my
> DL.  And ya know why, Mr. Poleesse Man? Well, I'll tell ya <yadda,
> yadda, yadda, privacy, yadda, yadda, biometrics, yadda....>"
>
> I do agree that it is proably better to do the damage without it being
> noticable.  Less suspicion is ALWAYS better.

Well I just looked at my Tx. d.l. to make shure my memory was correct. At
least on Texas d.l's the *only* way to get to the mag stripe is to break the
clear plastic laminating cover. And I assure you that if that cover is
broken or tampered with the officer will become much more suspicous. It has
this nifty little seal embossed all over the laminating cover on both sides.
So going down to the local laminating shop won't work either.

Proceed at your own risk, it's your neck after all.

   |       The most powerful passion in life is not love or hate,       |
   |       but the desire to edit somebody elses words.                 |
   |                                  Sign in Ed Barsis' office         |
   |                                                 [email protected]     |