Narcware

At 1:34 PM -0800 2/9/98, Adam Back wrote:

>I am not sure I want to see my computer narcing out over RF
>frequencies what software is installed -- once enabled for corporates

Why not monkeywrench the narcware to narc out falsely?

Imagine 100 copies of a program all screaming "Bill Gates"!

(ObCrypto: One can imagine methods to broadcast a new signifier each time a
program is started...some kind of zero knowledge approach. But this gets
difficult when the broadcast program is under the control of those trying
to defeat the system. A well known problem. E.g., if N copies are all
identical, and the ZKIPS approach is generated in software, the N copies
will overlap signals. And so on. I expect the Anderson-Kuhn approach
broadcasts a single identifier, though I have not yet had time to look at
their paper, so I may be wrong here.)

Narcware will face a lot of customer resistance.

--Tim May

Just Say No to "Big Brother Inside"
Higher Power: 2^3,021,377   | black markets, collapse of governments.