Re: New technology around the corner [slashdot.org]

Jim Choate wrote:

> Note: Text edited for relevance.

Does anyone else get the feeling that we are on the cusp of
serious exponential change in technology?   I know its been
going exponential for a while, but now I'm really starting
to feel it.  Thats major breakthroughs in two weeks:

1. 170 TB Polymer memory sandwiches (OptiCom)
2. Flat Plastic Video Screens using Light Emitting Polymers "LEPs"
(Cambridge)
3. massive DRAMS (Hitachi)

ObCrypto: Since polymer transistors seem to be necessary to implement
polymer memory, how does this effect computation speed?  The polymer
transistors must be around 30-40nm and low power.  How long until we
have Polymer PGA,PALS,CPUs?  How fast will they be?  Is it time to add
a few more bits to the public key?  Are there any cipher attacks that
would benefit from obscenely large amounts of fast memory?  Sorry if
this is a naive question to the theorists.

Jim