www.lanl.gov

Bleep!

I pulled up www.lanl.gov (for whatever reason), flipped back to
my ISP shell account, did some stuff, logged out.

Five minutes later, my PPP connection timed out, and so
the line dropped.

Two minutes after that, my computer dialed up my ISP and
connected to the Net again: it was the LANL page.

I hit 'STOP', and the connection timed out again, and that was that.

I hate the way there isn't some choice about allowing (JAVA?)
to NOT do that unless expressly allowed.

I wonder what LANL loaded into my system that needed Net connectivity
after seven minutes???

---guy

   Vulgersauris is a shadow of his former self.