Re: "carefully monitor the Internet"

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998 18:38:04 +0100 (GMT+0100), you wrote:

>   To keep pace with the fast-moving money launders, FAFT said it would
>   carefully monitor the Internet and so-called electronic purse systems,
>   whereby cash is passed from person to person via electronic chips,
>   leaving no audit trail in its wake.
>
>http://www.yahoo.com/headlines/980212/wired/stories/money_2.html
>http://www.oecd.org/fatf/

Hmm, lets see.  I login using secure shell.  Now I start a SSL session
to someplace where I want to exchange money.  Next I use e-cash.  The
monitor will see encrypted garbage.

Quick, kick in the door.  He is using encryption!  Must be money
launders!

-Doug

Douglas L. Peterson
mailto:[email protected]