Re: Five industry giants propose encryption plan to protect Hollywood

Oh please.  You could always (for computers anyway) write your own drivers for
video cards and sound cards that not only display stuff, but also save it to
a hard drive as it's being recieved.  Whoop!

 >   >   Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:13:50 -0800 (PST)
> >   >   From: William Knowles <[email protected]>
> >   >
> >   >   BURBANK, Calif. (February 19, 1998 09:06 a.m. EST
> >   >   http://www.nando.net) -- Five computer and electronics industry
> >giants
> >   >   have agreed on a strategy to prevent people from illegally copying
> >   >   digital movies and music, the Los Angeles Times reported Thursday.
> >   >
> >   >   According to the proposal, high-definition TV sets, personal

> Well I have gone over this in previous posts that right's management
> woun't work against the bootlegers as at some time you have to display the
> raw data to the user. what it will to is make things that much harder for
> the average user.

Exactly, it will probably require the average user to get involved in weird
type in the 5th word of the 6th paragraph on page 60 in volume 6 of your
book and your ssn and your 3rd daughter's birth hour to display.  But once
displayed... it's yours.  Shit, things like Lotus ScreenCam can grab anything
displayed on screen.

--

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    |Prying open my 3rd eye.  So good to see |./|\.