Re: BATFC -- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Cryptography

Brian Riley wrote:
>On 3/10/98 7:22 AM, John Young ([email protected])  passed this wisdom:

> John, would you really refer to Janet Reno as a 'charming weirdo'???? I
>can think of lost of names, epithets, and descriptions, but that surely
>would be far down my list.

Brian, that post was a feeble one-time attempt to write straight prose,
uninflected, unaccusatory, undiabolical, un-nuts, un-understandable.

It took days of agony to arrive at empty perfection, to say nothing with
crystal clear aplomb, foreign policy piquant, transparent balderdash
cover-up of bald-face lies delivered deadpan grammatically.

I been studying James Rubin's disarmingly weird repartee at the State
Department press conferences. Today he asked a reporter to define
"who's got the con"  for foreign policy. (Laughter, the transcript hooted.)

"Charming weirdo" is the Secretary of State's and Rubin's demonic
auto-epithet for her, emulating homicidal Maggie Thatcher hiding her
demure will to slaughter.

Swear to god this is the last time I'll try to ape well-mannered civil
discourse. You got the con: It's too sicko wacko. Back to incoherent
snarl of ignorant brutes chewing leg off for freedom.