Re: Will New Sendmail Block Remailers?

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> So I'm told that the new version of sendmail (8.9) has the same antispam
> features as 8.8  -- only difference is in defaults. True?

The closest to a noticeable change I've spotted is that the simple
anti-relaying rules (check_rcpt) are now part of the sendmail.cf by
default. (No longer do they have to be downloaded separately and hacked in
by hand.)  There are more complex anti-relaying configurations that can be
specified now, also (for permitting certain parties/domains to relay, or
to only restrict certain groups from relaying).

In other words, not much has changed.

dave

----- David E. Smith, P O Box 324, Cape Girardeau MO 63702
http://bureau42.base.org/people/dave/ [email protected]

Random IRC Quote:
[topic(#linux)] New MS motto: "Gehirnwesche die Kinder, wenn sie jung
  sind.  In ihren Erwachsensein sind sie Ihre bereiten Sklaven. [TM]"
  (Brainwash the children.  When they are adults they will be your slaves)
topic set by Bascule [Sat Jan 24 05:57:42 1998]