How government _can_ help stop spam - Re: Does Spamming Really Exist?

>>> Spamming is an 'imaginary' felony, as are anonymity and encryption.
>No, its actually theft of services.

Generally, it's neither one, but it is a rude imposition on
the reader's attention, and may also increase costs to the user
or the user's service provider.

So what's an anarchist like me doing saying that the government can help?
Well, they can help by getting out of the way.
Currently, there are laws against breaking into computer systems
and against denial of service attacks; they can be Federal felonies.

As a modest proposal, I would suggest that the government allow
anyone who's been sent unwanted bits by a spammer to send
any unwanted bits they feel like in return.
Maybe Spamford doesn't want chain letters about
	"Make Pings Of Death Fast"
or	"Free Live Chat With Real Spammers!"
but spammers really aren't in any position to complain.

There's also
http://www.iks-jena.de/mitarb/lutz/usenet/teergrube.en.html

				Thanks!
					Bill