Re: UPSs

some protection is better than none. my roommate and I have our
computers in the same room off of the same outlet but my computer has an
UPS and his does not. During a storm, lightning hit near the apartment
building and it took out his computer but not mine. But I do have a
friend who lost his computer to a direct strike to the power lines and
it took out the surge strip as well. At least in my case, it was not a
direct strike into the power lines but what happened to my roommate made
him get an UPS to at least have some protection next time. At least he
will not have to possibly shell out another $1,500 for another computer.