Re: Student Refuses to Whore Himself, Gets Suspended

Eric Cordian wrote:

> we have this story
> out of Georgia, where a student was suspended for a day for failing to
> properly prostitute himself to corporate johns on behalf of his
> pimping principal.
> -----

> EVANS, Ga. (AP) -- It's the real thing all right -- suspension.
>
> High school senior Mike Cameron is serving a one-day suspension today
> for wearing a Pepsi shirt on Coke Day, an event school officials
> crafted in an attempt to win a $500 contest run by the Coca-Cola
> Bottling Co.

It could be worse. They could have transferred me to the "Home Shoppers
Bargain Psychiatry Warehouse".
That's the worst of the worst. The Shop'ers have the poorest government
on WebWorld. When the citizens of the former world governments got to
choose their citizenship at the end of the Channel Revolution every
deadbeat compulsive spender on the face of the Earth signed up with the
Home Shopper Channel Government.
~~~     http://www.clas.net/~dave/public/webworld/#Chapter_4

> The Coke-themed day was part of an effort to win the contest. The
> award will go to the school that comes up with the best method of
> distributing promotional discount cards to students.

The Shop'ers ran ads showing Leona purchasing magnificent jewelry and
other high-priced items from the Home Shopping Channel and the masses
rushed to join the bandwagon. Some of the slightly more discriminating
people became citizens of the Consumer Channel, but they were few and
far between.
~~~     http://www.clas.net/~dave/public/webworld/#Chapter_4

The Sex Channel offered some rather interesting incentives for new
citizens. They did quite well in the final ratings (what had formerly
been called 'election results'), despite fierce competition from the
S&M Channel, the Group Sex Channel, the Lesbian Channel, the 'Buck
Futters' Channel, and a host of minor players vying for the same basic
audience.
~~~     http://www.clas.net/~dave/public/webworld/#Chapter_11

> School officials also integrated Coke into class instruction for the
> day, invited Coke executives from Atlanta headquarters 100 miles away
> as speakers and gathered students outside to spell ``Coke'' for the
> photograph.

No doubt General Noriega was given a day-pass to drop one-pound
packages of Peruvian flake out of a helicopter, as loudspeakers
blared, "You deserve a brick today..."