Re: regulating the internet -- clarification

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Jennifer DePalma wrote:

>To clarify:  I'm serious about this question, if for no other reason than I
>am editing a paper that basically claims it is impossible to regulate the
>internet.  I wish that were true, but I'm not sure I buy it.  Any input is
>most appreciated.

I am serious about my answer too.  My answer is "no".

To clarify:  I do NOT think it is feasible "to regulate the Internet".
The feds don't have enough clueservers to keep up with the technology and
the growth.  Only Fidel Castro could single-handedly regulate the
Internet, but he still doesn't have Internet access (besides that AOL
account), so that's a moot point.  Trying to "regulate the Internet" is
like the government trying to regulate an individual's bowel movements.
Ex-Lax does a better job, but still can't do it right.

Just say no to government sponsored prostate exams and body cavity
searches.

Ken