Re: illegal export of pgp.zip by .mil

At 11:10 AM 4/2/98 -0500, Sunder wrote:
>Instead of making a fuss over this, we should thank the very wise and
>very smart sysadmins at these .mil machines for providing this wonderful
>service for us.  By making themselves look totally clueless, they've provided
>for the spread of privacy and freedom of privacy!  That's truly commendable!
>
>Personally, I will raise my next glass of beer in their honor!  :)

As of 6:57 this morning, according to the timestamp in
ftp://bbs.bragg.army.mil/library/
they removed pgp262.zip from their ftp site.  Though of course they didn't
bother to clean up
their link to it  :-P.

Thanks to the civil servant readers of this list who phoned the boys at
Bragg.  The world is safe
again.  Apologies to the sysop who probably caught some abuse.

      David Honig                   Orbit Technology
     [email protected]                  Intaanetto Jigyoubu

When exponentiation is outlawed, only outlaws will exponentiate.