Re: Surveillance of police raids...

At 05:49 PM 4/25/98 -0700, Eric Murray wrote:
>Not unhappy enough to make it stop.  I beleive that shows like "Cops"
>teach people to accept police violence- it's always "in the right"
>and the "perp" is always guilty.  Just another way that the System
>tries to make a lie of "guilty until proven innocent".

Fox TV is currently running a week of Really Exciting High-Speed
Police Car Chases and Really Scary Police Shootout Videos.
I doubt that the raid on Don Scott's farm is included....

On the good side, they're also running a few shows on privacy
and identity theft, though tonight's edition mainly talked about
getting of junk mail lists.  And they run The Simpsons.
On the somewhat hypocritical side, they've got a series of
commercials about <some issue side 1> <some issue side 2>
"Is this for the media to decide?"
"our news is really objective, just the facts, you decide",
while also running America's Most Wanted Thought Criminals
and "Cops Are Cool - Heh Heh - Heh Heh".

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, [email protected]