Subject:http://www.hotmail.com

and I will get an email of the HTML file at www.hotmail.com
This would be handy because I don't have a broswer (2 meg RAM (I
know)) and also for anonymity, cookies etc I couldn't be traced.

-----

Actually you can do that really very easily. If you are interested in
such Bot's. I really recommend you get O'Reilly's book: Web Client
Programming, with Perl. It discusses to a large degree what your wanting
to do. It has full source code as well, so you can take that and just
fiddle with a bit until it suits your needs. Provided you or someone you
know can program in Perl.

I think one method you could do is to just use a majordomo server and
tinker with it to suit the reception needs. Or you could on your own
box, or a friends box. Make an account to the name you want, set up a
resident program, with nohup or a simple cron job. Or do some script,
that would serve equally as well. That could handle the reception
facilities well enough. Then just use the modified bot to handle the
HTML queries and sending and there you go.

Although sending things back to the HTTP server in question might...
interesting. If that place GET and POST methods for CGI scripts and
dynamic pages, that raises some questions. Particularly, if the bot
sends you the HTML doc that it requested, you view the page, yadda yadda
yadda. It depends on how you want to work it and do it, you have to ask
yourself. Do I want to send my request (whatever that maybe)from my
machine? The request would go through. But it would be through your
machine, and that would invalidate your anonymity. So thats a Bad
Thing(tm) and out of the question. Or in cases like yours, the user
might not have a browser. So that leaves it to us sending our request
back to our automated little daemon and it does it for us. It would
require just a little bit of handling and work to do the GET and POST
methods for the CGI program your interacting with, but that would be
minimal I think. I could be wrong however. In effect your using the bot
as a kind of proxy for HTTP requests.

If your really, REALLY desperate I might be able to quickly just put
something together for you and post it here for you(or if another
cypherpunk thats into Perl wants to do it, or if anyone else has any
ideas). But you should be able to modify the code to suit whatever you
want it to do. I've been experimenting with something similar, only on a
slightly different note. If your patient, you can just subscribe to a
majordomo "admin-help" list. Where the details of running such a thing
are discussed by people that do. I'm sure one quite possibly exists
somewhere. Then log on to a Bot mailing list and after hanging out on
both for a while, asking a few questions perhaps you should be able to
put something together I expect.

Or as [email protected] suggests you could log into those machines and do
it that way. Which gives me another idea, you could have the bot run
lynx remotely and then pipe the output from that to the letter it would
send you and visa versa. But that makes things more complicated as well
too. I question the value of doing that as well, I think the overhead
would be a bit much, as well as being a slight hassle. I think over all,
the easiest thing to do would be to possibly follow mgraffam's
suggestion and just do that. Those are my thoughts on things at least. I
hope they help.

I think the security possibilities of such a bot could be useful and
could make a interesting discussion perhaps. There was one thread
earlier that was discussing one such robot. From a government location,
that was keeping tabs on crypto related sources. Crawling from link to
link, from behind a firewall etc, etc, etc. If theres any more news
relating to that thread, thats been uncovered I'd be interested in
hearing more on it.