Re: Gunpowder taggant solution

On Sat, 16 May 1998, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:

> Tim May wrote:
> > * For smokeless powders, i.e., _not_ black powder, the powders are
> > semi-visually recognizable. So Bullseye is noticeably different from Unique
> > and 2400, for example.
>
> Is mixing them dangerous?

Taggants in gun powder are inherently dangerous. They frequently cause a
loss of stability of the powder.
> > * However, smokeless powders are worthless for bombs. (Black powder is
> > almost worthless, by modern standards. Much easier to make your own
> > plastique.)
>
> I thought that plastic explosives were hard to make. Is that wrong?

Making plastic explosives is easy. No, I am not going to post the recipe.

-- Lucky Green <[email protected]> PGP v5 encrypted email preferred.
   "Tonga? Where the hell is Tonga? They have Cypherpunks there?"