National Atomic Museum

Monday 5/18/98 1:37 PM

John Young
J Orlin Grabbe

Morales http://jya.com/whpfiles.htm and I had lunch at Wendy�s at 11:30.

I read drafts of Morales upcoming filings.  And discussed legal
strategies.

After lunch, I went to the National Atomic Museum on Kirtland AFB.

The museum is across the street from Sandia.

They now charge for admission ... but I made it in for $1 as a senior
citizen.

The museum main hall tour is laid out by history date of radiation.

The self-guided tour gets interesting about the time of Hahn,
Heisenberg,
Fermi, Lawrence, ...  Then it gets into THE BOMB.

Lots of picture of the �50 NTS site explosions.  But as we know from
Carole Gallagher book's American Ground Zero a DOE employee is quoted
�Those Mormons don�t give a shit about radiation.�

After touring the main hall, I went back to a wall display near the
bathrooms.

There they have a rather-large display on LANL mathematician Stanislas
Ulam.

Ulam�s thing was Monte Carlo computations.  These use random or
pseudorandom
numbers.

Ted Lewis told me that they now use the gfsr at LANL for its nuclear
bomb
simulations.

  http://av.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=gfsr&hc=0&hs=0

But this is how the mess got started.  Me making contact  with a
Japanese
professor who developed a new method for selecting the binary seed
matrix
for the gfsr.

I went into the gift shop.

I bought John Young a refrigerator magnet PROUDLY proclaiming

	1945 509th COMPOSITE GROUP 1995

           FIRST ATOMIC BOMBARDMENT

             50th ANNIVERSARY

and Orlin a colorful red and orange postcard which reads on the back

	                       Trinity
	On July 16, 1945 at 5:30 AM, at a site code-named trinity,
	approximately 130 miles south of Albuquerque on White
	Sands Missile Range, the world�s first nuclear device was
	exploded.  The explosion, equal to 20,000 tons of TNT, was
	was seen and heard over the entire state of New Mexico.

Great article, Orlin. http://www.aci.net/kalliste/speccoll.htm
Madsen did good too.  http://caq.com/cryptogate

Let�s all hope Congress, unlike the bureaucrats, see the merits of
getting
the requested documents posted on Internet.  And on to settlement of
this
UNFORTUNATE matter.

Later
bill