Re: Archives: Blast from the past on GSM...

Robert Hettinga wrote:

>Anyway, much more than Y2K, I can imagine some poor old fart sweating away
>right now, waiting for some intellegent young hacker to come along and
>evicerate his whole installed code base, just because he decided the "rest
>of us" were too stupid to figure out how smart he was.

Are you imagining "limited traceability" being discovered to be not what
it claims to be?

It was humorous that several of Chaum's equations were printed upside
down and/or mirror-imaged, yet got through the 4-year review process
just fine. He must have chuckled at that.

And that several "embodiments of the present invention" just flat out
said "if you trust this digital transaction you are one dumb MF who
deserves to be monitored,"  thereby assuring the user of his invention
that a target is just as dumb.

It's impressive that Chaum intends to fleece the law-abiding and the
outlaws by getting them chasing their tails thinking they're secretly
tracing/escaping the opposition while he laughs all the way to the . . .

Y2K is the tip of this techno-shamanry-duplicity, wild humor with a
straight-bankers-face, umm, like guess who -- our best Chaumian style
comedian.