Re: Campaign Against Global War on Drugs

In a message dated 6/8/98 5:34:38 PM Central Daylight Time, [email protected]
writes:

<< And Marijuana remains California's number one cash crop as long as it is
 illegal... documented way back when by Dukmejian's (sp) agriculture
 secretary, whom he fired after the report. The cops cite you, confiscate it
 and smoke it, and everyone's happy because they're all making $480 per
 ounce from the end consumer on this crazy gene-engineered greenbud
 designed, catalogued, and bred by the University of California biology
 departments (esp. Santa Cruz). If it were legal, tobacco shops would stock
 joints for a tenth the price... they need new markets with the stricter
 tobacco legislation; maybe there's a lobby. I watched Dennis Peron battle
 it out with some meat-fisted guy from the Sherrifs' orgs in Congress. The
 cop went on about how

 "if we decriminalize marijuana, marijuana would no longer be illegal" >>

It's illegal because of 1 reason.  The "Know-nothings" have control of the
illegal market.  It's how they invade the bands.  They create a dry spell, and
then they come around offering free/cheap smoke, gain the trust of the band,
and then they say - 'Say, could I create a little official webpage for you?
You need to be on the net anyway (the big lie).  I'll take care of it all for
you.'

Stan